Working Class Audio #216 with Adam Gonsalves!!!
Adam Gonsalves has mastered over a thousand releases from artists around the world. He is equally at home mastering for digital formats and cutting lacquers for vinyl. Prior to mastering Adam worked for 7 years as a tracking and mixing engineer at Anchorhold Recording. From 2010-2013 Adam also produced the Square Cad Mastering Podcast. In 2017 he was featured in the book Why Vinyl Matters. Adam received a master’s degree in Music Technology from New York University. Adam is approved to provide Mastered for iTunes masters. Clients include: Willie Nelson, Peter Buck, Elliott Smith, Sleep, Blitzen Trapper, The Last Artful Dodgr, Sufjan Stevens, Pure Bathing Culture, Tender Loving Empire, Southern Lord, TKO, Living Music, Crane City Music, Typhoon, My Brightest Diamond, Dead Moon, Emma Ruth Rundle, Steve Aoki, Poison Idea, Rogue Wave, Ty Segall, Pelican, John Craigie, Earth, Horse Feathers, Blackwater Holylight, Calvin Johnson, Haley Heynderickx, Widowmaker, and many more. Additional credits available at Sound Credit.
About this Interview:
Adam joins me to talk about the Square Cad Mastering podcast, interrogating your own workflow, his journey into lacquer cutting and his work/life balance. -Enjoy
Show Notes and Links
- WCA Patreon Subscriptions: http://www.patreon.com/workingclassaudio
- Telegraph Mastering: http://telegraphmastering.com/
- Square Cad Mastering Podcast: http://squarecad.net/
- Audio-Technica: https://www.audio-technica.com/world_map/
- UA Promo: https://www.uaudio.com/uad-accelerator-promo
- AEA Ribbon Mics: https://www.aearibbonmics.com/
- Audio Life on Gearslutz: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/audio-life/
- WCA on Youtube: https://goo.gl/g5nsWG