WCA #251 with Piper Payne – Infrasonic Sound, survivalist audio, asking for help, losing a parent and new opportunities.
Piper Payne is a mastering engineer who has been a guest on WCA before (See WCA #045). She has been through some business experiences and changes since we last spoke and now has set up a home base in Nashville but also continues to spend time in Oakland where she still has a facility. She joins me for a discussion of those changes and opportunities post Summer NAMM.
Piper has mastered a wide variety of music including nationally renowned artists Third Eye Blind, Madame Gandhi, Geographer, Elettrodomestico (Jane Wiedlin/Go-Go’s), Shamir, Between You & Me, David Messier, and Fritz Montana, as well as Bay Area favorites Kat Robichaud, ANML, Sioux City Kid, The She’s, Emily Afton, Abbot Kinney, Travis Hayes, Kendra McKinley, Van Goat, and Diana Gameros.
For Piper’s complete history visit: http://www.piperpayne.com/
In this episode we discuss:
- Art and commerce in the Bay Area
- Joining Infrasonic Sound.
- Setting up shop in Nashville.
- Splitting time between cities.
- Survivalist mentality.
- Having a strong legal team.
- Taking care of yourself.
- Asking for help.
- Losing a parent.
- New opportunities.
Links and Show Notes:
- The first Piper Payne interview: https://bit.ly/2AOtzNV
- Infrasonic Sound: https://www.infrasonicsound.com/
- Piper’s Site: https://bit.ly/2LSPl9G
- Current sponsors & promos: https://bit.ly/2WmKbFw
- Working Class Audio Journal: https://amzn.to/2GN67TP
- Connect with Matt on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboudreau/
- Guest: Piper Payne
- Host: Matt Boudreau
- WCA Theme Music: Cliff Truesdell
- Announcer: Chuck Smith
- Editing: Anne-Marie Pleau & Matt Boudreau
- Additional Music: The License Lab