WCA #164 with Steve Albini – Fascist Haircuts, Analog Longevity, Reusing Analog Tape, Surviving 20 years, Poverty and the Cycle of Money.
Steve Albini needs no introduction really. Musician, engineer and studio owner known for his work with Nirvana, Page, and Plant, PJ, Harvey as well as thousands of other bands. Yes, thousands. Steve is well known for his long term practice of sticking to analog recording methods and his dedication to the bands he records with regards to respecting the band dynamic. He also has played in the bands Big Black, Rapeman as well as his current band Shellac. Steve is part of a program called the Letters to Santa Program of Chicago with his wife Heather Whinna and Jeff Tweddy of WIlco known for its work raising money for poverty-stricken individuals and families in the Chicago area.
Show notes and links:
- Electrical Audio (Steve’s studio): http://www.electricalaudio.com/
- Letters to Santa Program: http://www.secondcity.com/second-city-24-hour-improv
- Onward Neighborhood House: https://onwardhouse.wordpress.com/
- Why I Haven’t Had a Conventional Christmas in 20 Years: https://bit.ly/2V9Nm5X
- Current sponsors & promos: https://bit.ly/3266bbu