Working Class Audio #209 with Mike Stevens!!!
Mike Stevens is a Producer, Engineer, Drummer & Percussionist. A life-long lover of music, bringing more than 20 years working as a professional musician throughout the US and abroad, as well as a decade of producing, recording and mixing San Francisco Bay Area bands. Coming from New York City in 2006, his diverse experience has brought a unique perspective into his work. He has been called upon to work with many San Francisco artists and bands (including ska pioneers The Uptones and Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon frontman Mark Kozelek), as well as playing percussion for Donna Summer’s 2008 Crayons tour. He has a deep understanding of what makes a song great, both as a musician and listener, in the studio, onstage and on the air. Mike started his own Recording Studio in 2009 to establish an artist-friendly hub for creators of great music and the people who listen to it. When he isn’t touring or performing on stage, he dedicates his time to working with new and seasoned artists, helping them discover what is authentic and unique to them.
About this Interview:
Mike joins me to talk about how he combines the world of recording with the world of home schooling for his kids, helpful landlords, picking the right gigs and the authenticity of a performance. Enjoy! – Matt
Show Notes and Links
- UA Promo: https://www.uaudio.com/classic-apollo-promo
- UA Promo #2: https://www.uaudio.com/apollo-x-promo
- Audio-Technica ATM230PK – https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/e5c7d2ca9189679b/index.html
- Audio-Technica AT5045 https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/dcdc76fdb9d115c1/index.html
- WIN AN AEA KU5A!!!!: https://www.aearibbonmics.com/workingclassaudio/
- Audio Life on Gearslutz: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/audio-life/
- NAMM 2019: https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2019/info
- WCA on Youtube: https://goo.gl/g5nsWG