WCA #249 with Jeff Kolhede- A journey of adapting, surviving and finding oneself in the world of audio and music.
Jeff Kolhede is a Grammy-nominated producer, composer, engineer, and musician. He is currently a staff engineer at 25th Street Recording and is also a house producer, engineer, and mentor at Zoo Labs both located in Oakland, California. Jeff can be heard on film, television, advertisements, and artist projects, including the trailer music for the movie, Moonlight, as a sound-designer, for the Virtual Software Instrument EXHALE, ANALOG STRINGS, and MOVEMENT, by Output. Jeff has performed with such artists as John Legend, Allen Stone, HoneyHoney, Pete Wentz, Chali 2na, and JoJo. Jeff was also a member of the “Hollywood Game Night” band on NBC for two seasons, performing vocals and horns.
In this episode we discuss,
- Finding your path.
- Influence of band directors.
- Knowing when not to comment.
- Adapting to a new environment.
- Working long hours
- Focused vs. unfocused clients.
- Surviving a high cost of living.
Links and Show Notes:
- Jeff’s Site: http://www.jeffkolhede.com/about
- Jeff’s project # 1: https://bit.ly/2kzFzhS
- Jeff’s project #2: https://bit.ly/2m422ns
- 25th Street Recording: https://www.25thstreetrecording.com/
- Zoo Labs: https://www.zoolabs.org/
- Current sponsors & promos: https://bit.ly/2WmKbFw
- Working Class Audio Journal: https://amzn.to/2GN67TP
- Connect with Matt on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboudreau/
- Guest: Jeff Kolhede
- Host: Matt Boudreau
- WCA Theme Music: Cliff Truesdell
- Announcer: Chuck Smith
- Editing: Anne-Marie Pleau & Matt Boudreau
- Additional Music: The License Lab