WCA #275 with Carlos Novais – Life on the road, Brazil, Organization, Multi-Tasking and the loss of gigs due to Coronavirus.
Carlos Novais is a sound engineer, tour manager, and production manager. He was born and raised in São Paulo, Brazil and came to the United States in 1999.
He has worked with Candlebox, The Plain White T’s, Vonda Shepard, Survivor, Amos Lee, Andrew Bird, Sugarland, Keb’ Mo’, Thin Lizzy, The Answer, Ace Frehley, Airto Moreira & Flora Purim, among others.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Growing up in Brazil
- Moving to America
- Life on the road
- Working long hours
- Being Organized
- Corona’s virus and the loss of gigs.
Links and Show Notes:
- Carlos on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlos-novais/
- Zoom: http://www.zoom.us
- Master Tour: https://www.eventric.com/master-tour-management-software/
- Acorns: http://www.acorns.com
- Bobnet: https://www.bobnet.rocks/
- Support WCA – Go Ad-Free! https://glow.fm/workingclassaudio/
- Connect with Matt on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboudreau/
- Current sponsors & promos: https://bit.ly/2WmKbFw
- Working Class Audio Journal: https://amzn.to/2GN67TP
- Guest: Carlos Novais
- Host: Matt Boudreau
- WCA Theme Music: Cliff Truesdell
- Announcer: Chuck Smith
- Editing: Anne-Marie Pleau & Matt Boudreau
- Additional Music: The License Lab