WCA #244 with Paul Drew – The Power of Diversification
Paul Drew is a producer, engineer, mixer, session guitarist, and member of Production Expert. He’s also the D in DWB Music Ltd and DWB MIXING. His experience is diversified and has served him well. Paul walks us through the details of all of it and tells us about his new venture The Studio Rats.
In this episode we discuss:
- The Asian music market.
- The value of diversification.
- His transition to Studio One.
- Managing gear lust.
- Mixing Rates
- Language Barriers in revisions.
Links and Show Notes:
- The Studio Rats website: https://thestudiorats.net/
- DWB Music Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DwbMusicLtd/
- Current sponsors & promos: https://bit.ly/2WmKbFw
- Working Class Audio Journal: https://amzn.to/2GN67TP
- Connect with Matt on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboudreau/
- Host: Matt Boudreau
- Guest: Paul Drew
- WCA Theme Music: Cliff Truesdell
- Announcer: Chuck Smith
- Editing: Anne-Marie Pleau & Matt Boudreau
- Additional Music: The License Lab