WCA #246 with Eric Fredricey – Running with the clock in the world of broadcast audio
Eric Fredricey started with hand me down cassette decks and mixers, progressed to a broadcast internship in Junior High, worked at a tv station right out of high school and is now chief engineer at KCSB-FM college radio in his hometown.
In this episode we discuss,
- The World of Broadcast.
- Running with the clock.
- Getting yelled at.
- Tailoring your resume.
- Negotiating your salary
- Getting into broadcast.
- FCC Regulations.
- A million acronyms.
Links and Show Notes:
- Eric on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericfredricey/
- Eric’s Station: https://www.kcsb.org/
- Current sponsors & promos: https://bit.ly/2WmKbFw
- Working Class Audio Journal: https://amzn.to/2GN67TP
- Connect with Matt on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboudreau/
- Host: Matt Boudreau
- Guest: Eric Fredricey
- WCA Theme Music: Cliff Truesdell
- Announcer: Chuck Smith
- Editing: Anne-Marie Pleau & Matt Boudreau
- Additional Music: The License Lab